Today I would like to show you a simple card which is perfect for a beginner. Making up multiples of this card with different Designer Series Paper will change the overall look of each card and you could use different sentiments as well.
To make up this card
- Score the 4 1/4 x 11” at 5 1/2″ then fold in half. Crease with a bone folder.
- Emboss the 4 x 5 1/2” piece with an embossing folder of your choice. For this card I used the “Painted Textures” embossing folder.
- Attach the 1 3/4” x 4” piece of DSP to the embossed layer.
- Wrap baker’s twine around the embossed card stock twice and tie a bow
- Attach to the Card front with Adhesive
- Adhere the 3” x 4” piece of DSP to the 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Soft Succulent Card Stock, then add dimensionals to the back before attaching it to the card front.
- Stamp your sentiment on the strip of Basic White Card Stock and attach to card with dimensionals.
- Using the scrap card stock, stamp or punch out decorations and attach to card front with dimensionals and decorate with embellishments to finish off the card.
TiP: I add a little adhesive to to back of the embossed card stock. It makes wrapping the twine easier if it is held in place. and attach layer to card base.
For the envelope I added DSP by glueing it to the flap and then trimmed it down to the flap shape and size. It just looks prettier that way.
For the inside, I stamped my sentiment from the “Lighthearted Lines” Stamp set with the Soft Succulent Ink. It has nine fun sayings to add to cards. I just love it. I then adhered it to the Soft Succulent mat before attaching it to the inside of the card.
Here is another example of a card made with the exact same layout. As you can see, just changing it up a bit with different colours and Designer Series Paper, changes the look of the card completely. For this card I used the sentiments from the Snow Flake Wishes bundle and die cut a couple of snowflakes to place on the card as well.
It is so simple to make and takes very little time to put it all together.
Basic White Card Stock
- 4 1/4″ x 11″
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- 1″ x 3″
- 3 3/4″ X 5″
Soft Succulent Card Stock
- 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scrap for the flowers
Hand Penned Designer Series Paper
- 3″ x 4″
- 1 3/4″ x 4″
- 2 1/2″ x 4″ (envelope flap)
Bakers Twine and Embellishments
SALE-A-BRATION continues through to the end of September so it’s a great time to stock up while earning FREE STUFF! With every $60 or $120 purchase you choose a FREE Stamp set, or other product from the Sale-a-bration brochure. This only happens during Sale-a-bration so don’t wait!
To Visit my online store, CLICK HERE
I am always welcoming new team members. If you live in Canada, I would love to have you join my team of “Canadian Stampers” If you join as a demonstrator during Sale-a-bration, you choose $165 worth of products from either the Annual Catalogue or the Mini Catalogue to create your personal starter kit AND YOU PAY ONLY $135. That’s $30 of FREE Products PLUS you can also pick a FREE BUNDLE from the Mini Catalogue, just for joining up . Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions about becoming a demonstrator. You can also check out the tab “JOIN” at the top of the page for more information.
Make the most of your shopping JOIN NOW and save even more!
SEPTEMBER HOST CODE – FWGF4ES4
During September ONLY, I am also having a promotion, so with every qualifying order, you will also receive a FREE GIFT along with a thank you card from me. This is over and above all the Sale-a-bration FREEBIES. This promotion is only for Residents in Canada.
Each person who makes a purchase USING MY HOST CODE FWGF4ES4 receives
$60 = 1 Gift
$150 = 2 Gifts
$200 or more = 3 Gifts
If you want to see future posts, I invite you to like and follow my blog so you won’t miss out.
If you would like to be added to my email newsletter, please provide your contact information here. I provide monthly emails with all the latest updates so you won’t miss out.
Until next time, happy crafting!