So today I wanted to show you how I made up some adorable note pads to give as gifts. They are perfect as thank you gifts, hostess gifts or just because gifts. We don’t always need a reason to gift someone a little something, right! They were so easy and quick to make, I made up an even dozen.
I was as staples the other day to get them to put a spiral binder on my new 2022-2023 Stampin’ Up! catalogue. I will be flipping through this catalogue for the next year and having the spiral makes it so much easier to flip through, as it allows me to lay it completely flat while flipping through the papers. I do this every year and it is so worthwhile.
To Make up this gift
While I was there, I purchased three packages of two, 5″ x 8″ pads of paper. I don’t own a paper chopper so had Staples cut them half vertically.
After just a few moments, I was presented with 12 note pads that measure 2 1/2″ x 8″.
Now to get started
After cutting my card stock to 8″ x 5 1/4″, I scored it on the 5 1/4″ side at 2 1/2″ and 2 3/4″.
You can also just score at 2 1/2″ from each outer edge if that is easier.
I then folded along the two score lines and burnished with my bone folder to give it a nice even crease.
This will allow the pad of paper to fit nicely within the covered card stock
I added three strips of Tear and Tape adhesive down the back of the pad and adhered it to the inside of the folded card stock. It fits perfectly, when it is lined up along the top and outer edge.
With the note pad closed, I then adhered the white matting and designer series paper to the front of the note pad. After stamping my greeting on a piece of scrap paper, I punched out my label and adhered it to the front of the note pad.
Although not pictured, I also cut a 1″ x 2 1/2″ strip of the matching designer series paper used on the front cover, and adhered it to the note pad topper on the inside. It hides the brown topper nicely and makes it look a little more finished.
Eh Voila! You now have a covered notepad, how easy is that?
I had so much fun making these, I couldn’t stop and made all of these note pads in a single afternoon.
I love that I can use various pieces of designer series paper, and punches to create a variety of different looks.
I still plan to add a little bling by adding some gemstones to the front but in essence, they are all ready to go.
I love how cute they are!
So what do you think? Ready to give it a try?
- Card Stock note pad cover – 8″ x 5 1/4″
- Card Stock Front Mat – 2 1/4″ x 7 3/4″
- Designer Series Paper front – 2″ x 7 1/2″
- Designer Series Paper Inside tab – 1″ x 2 1/2″
- Scrap paper for stamping your sentiments
- Any other embellishments you care to add
April 21, is the only day the FREE SHIPPING promotion lasts so get your shopping list ready and start shopping!
We all love to save money right? Today you can save the shipping charges when purchases total $100 or more (before tax). This applies to any and all products purchased;
- Last Chance Products retiring after May 2
- Clearance Items
- Card Stock
- Ink pads
- and everything else
Now that you’ve enjoyed this post…..
- Whenever you need crafting supplies, just CLICK HERE – You’ll be redirected to my Stampin’ Up! shopping page!
- Thank you for using my Current Host code 473W3KDB when your order is under $200.00. All orders placed with me, will receive a gift from me as a thank you. I appreciate your support.
- Be inspired, CLICK HERE! to see even more crafting projects
- Shop the CLEARANCE RACK with discounts up to 60%
- Contact me to receive my Monthly Newsletter, CLICK HERE
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator