Hi everyone, today I would like to share with you a few cards I made from the Beautifully Happy Stamp set. This all-occasion stamp set features hollyhock images as well as greetings that can be used on their own or paired together for more versatility all year long! This is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colours you want.
As you can see this set includes the outline image which you can colour with whatever tools you prefer.
However, it also includes the filler images so you don’t have to colour but you can fill in the images with an ink pad using the two-step process.
This is what I want to show you today. It’s so easy to do!
The two-step stamping effect creates a soft and subtle individual coloured floral background . First I stamped the outline floral image (step 1) on Basic White card stock using my Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad as shown on the left. Now you can stop there and just colour the image with pencils, blender pens, watercolour pencils etc. but with the two-step, you will use the filler stamps instead.
So (step 2) I then added Highland Heather ink to my floral filler stamp and coloured the flowers. You can easily see how perfectly the stamp fits over the first stamped image, just line it up and stamp! How easy is that?
TIP: Using the Stamparatus will allow you to line up all the stamps in advance, before inking them up. Works perfectly when making multiples as well. If you are new to stamping, this should be on your “must have” list as it makes it so easy and takes the guesswork away!
Now it’s time to stamp the leaves. I again, inked up my stamps, with my Soft Succulent ink pad (I love this colour) and positioned them over the floral image to colour in the leaves. I absolutely love how easy it is to line up the photopolymer stamps because you can see right through them.
I finished my card, by matting it with black card stock. I then stamped some black sprinkles around the image and added the pearl (which I coloured using my blender pen) to the floral centre.
My greeting was embossed with white embossing powder and popped up with dimensional’s.
As you can see from the picture below, I made up several cards with the same image in different colours and card styles. I used the same greeting on each card, so as the need arises, I can add specific greetings to the inside to suit any occasion such as birthdays, anniversaries or anytime you want to wish someone well!
With the new Mini Catalogue and Sale-a-bration happening right now, it’s a great time to shop and you can choose this stamp set or any other product from the Sale-a-bration brochure, FREE with your qualifying purchase
For every $60.00 order you place (before tax and shipping)
- You choose 1 (level 1) product FREE from the SAB brochure.
For every $120.00 order you place (before tax and shipping)
- You choose 1 (level 2) product FREE from the SAB brochure
- you can choose 2 (level 1) products FREE from the SAB brochure.
To see all the available products in both the new mini catalogue or the Sale-a-bration brochure (for the free stuff) visit my online store and SHOP WITH ME
When shopping, please use my Host Code 473W3KDB for all orders under $200. If your order is over $200, DO NOT use the host code as you will earn your own Stampin’ Up! rewards. Everyone who orders from me, will receive a thank you gift and card in appreciation of your business.
NOTE: When shopping, take note of your shopping totals (before tax and shipping). You don’t want to miss out on the Sale-a-bration FREE products if your order is short by a dollar or two.
Should you have any questions or you need any help, before you close your order, please contact me. I can walk you through it or I can place the order on your behalf if that is easier for you. You need only to ask!
While you are shopping, don’t forget to check out all the card and crafting kits. The newest kit collection, “Saying Thanks” is a fun way to send out thank you cards.
This all-inclusive kit has everything you need to make nine bright, colourful cards in no time to say thank you.
The kit even features die-cut elements you can use for peek-through cards.
I can also imagine using the kit components to make up fun birthday cards or party invitations for kids of all ages.
* Printed and foil die-cut words
* Pre-designed projects
* Step-by-step instructions
* Pre-cut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting)
* Makes 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs
* Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
* 9 pre-printed envelopes
* Enough adhesive to complete projects
* White baker’s twine
* Iridescent diamond sequins
* A 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go
The February Paper Pumpkin kit will make cloudy days a little brighter with the SUNSHINE & SMILES Kit! This kit includes nine sweet and sunny cards—three each of three designs AND for the first time ever, we’ve got a coordinating die add-on! (Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine sold separately). This kit perfectly coordinates with the Rain or Shine Suite Collection.
This kit includes:
- Everything you need to create 9 radiant cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes.
- A sweet springtime photopolymer stamp set.
- A Mango Melody Stampin’ Spot
- A fun peek-through window scene on each card!
- Cute precut critters and labels, fun raindrop embellishments, and more!
Finished card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
Sunshine & Smiles Dies (Available for purchase starting 11 January, while supplies last) Item number: 162486
This add-on includes:
- One coordinating frog-shaped die: 1-1/8″ x 7/8″ (2.9 x 2.2 cm)
- One coordinating flower bouquet die: 1-1/8″ x 7/8″ (2.9 x 2.2 cm)
As a subscriber perk, Paper Pumpkin also offers products for one-time purchase: kit refills, past kits, and occasional add-on products perfect for stepping up your subscription experience, whether you are a monthly subscriber or you have chosen to purchase a pre-paid kit.
Bonus: Pre-paid subscriptions count towards earning Sale-a-bration freebies!
To purchase a pre-paid subscription CLICK HERE and you can choose a 1, 3, 6 or 12 month subscription. After you order, you’ll receive a code via e-mail to redeem your subscription at PaperPumpkin.com
To subscribe for the monthly kit CLICK HERE. This kit will be shipped to you on the 11th of every month so you won’t miss out.
I hope you have enjoyed this post….
- Whenever you need crafting supplies, just CLICK HERE – You’ll be redirected to my Stampin’ Up! shopping page!
- Thank you for using my Current Host code XHQUPCPF when your order is under $200.00. All orders placed with me, will receive a gift from me as a thank you. I appreciate your support.
- Be inspired, CLICK HERE! to see even more crafting projects
- Shop the CLEARANCE RACK with discounts up to 60%
- Contact me to receive my Monthly Newsletter, CLICK HERE
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Website: http://www.canadianstamper.com
- Facebook: https:facebook.com/canadianstamper
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/canadianstamper
3 thoughts on “Beautifully Happy Cards featuring the two-step effect”
thank you Jane, it means a lot
Comments are closed.