Good morning, I want to share a card with you, which looks complicated but is very easy to make. This card can be made up for any occasion and each card will be unique based on the how you decorate it.
To make this card, start with a 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper and cut in half so your card stock is now 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ By following these directions, you can make two cards at the same time and just decorate them differently to suit your occasion.
- Using your paper trimmer, line up you paper on the short side (portrait) at 3″
- Cut from 1″ down to 6 1/2″. This is the only cut you will need to make.
- Flip over your card stock so the larger 3″ piece is on the right and the 1″ is at the bottom (as per the template shown below)
- On the smaller 2 1/2″ score the paper from the cut line to the left edge of the paper at 4 1/4″
- On the larger 3″ side, score from the cut line to the right edge of the paper at 1″, 2″, 3 1/4″, 4 1/2″ and 6 1/2″
- Fold up the card with a combination of Mountain (^) and Valley (v) folds, as follows;
- Fold the 4 1/4″ score line on the left, as a mountain fold (^)
- Fold the paper on the right, as follows; 1″ (^), 2″ (v), 3 1/4″ (^), 4 1/2″ (v) and 6 1/2″ (^). This will give you an accordion look on the small side
Your card should look like this once all the folds are done.
Now, to decorate your card, you can add DSP or card stock and make it your own design. For the Valentines card, the back piece is a bit larger and adhered the bottom part to the back fold so it stands up higher. Just ensure it’s not too high so it fits in your envelope. The baby card is smaller. In each card, adhere your designs to the back part of the folds on the right. Add a piece of white card stock to the back of the left side so you can add your own greeting and signature.
With the baby card, I simulated drawers and cut out the bottom using my Label Me Lovely punch to make it look like a dresser. The sentiment was stamped and cut out with my Lovely Labels Pick a Punch which I love because it gives 6 different punch options.
I used the Baby Pull Toys stamp set for the animals and stuck them behind the drawers before adhering them to the front of the card. I also stamped the hearts and sentiments using this set. This is a new stamp set from the Mini Catalogue (Jan-June 2021) and it is adorable. I love this set for baby cards.
Sale-a-bration is a wonderful way to stock up on the newest products from the Mini Catalogue (Jan – June 2021 or from the Annual catalogue (June 3, 2020-May 3, 2021). For every qualified purchase of $60 or $120 dollars from either catalogue will help you earn FREE products from the Sale-a-bration brochure so you can add even more to your stash and we all love our crafting stash. To shop online, visit my online store by clicking here.
Whether you are new to crafting, an avid crafter or you like to craft in a hurry, Paper Pumpkin is the kit for you. I love how everything is all-inclusive and so well coordinated and February’s kit is no different. Bouquet of Hope—provides a way to offer comfort, care, and condolences to those enduring life’s challenges. With beautiful blooms and supportive sentiments, the Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin Kit will soothe sorrow and share sympathy in a heartfelt, handmade way. While you can create nine cards of comfort and coordinating envelopes with this month’s kit, the kit’s exclusive, versatile stamp set can be used to uplift loved ones during trying times, and we are all going through trying times of some sort. To subscribe monthly click here before Feb 10th or if you want to purchase a 3-month pre-paid subscription and earn a FREE Sale-a-bration product, click here. It would be a wonderful way to get the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper that coordinates with this kit.
BOUQUET OF HOPE
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and coordinating envelopes. Kit includes card bases, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Bumblebee, Just Jade, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose
- Coordinates with the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper, an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item.
155223 | Flower & Field Designer Series Paper
- Earn this pack of paper for FREE with a purchase of $50 USD | $60 CAD or more during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration promotion!